At Celebrating Life we like to think outside the box and to innovate for our clients by bringing cultural & entertainment concept where one would not necessarily expect them.
Being a director of the 8th Estate Winery, Hong Kong’s first and only winery, I’ve always thought we had here a unique concept that’s never been done in Asia. It has been exceptionally well received by Hong Kong residents and we have many fans.
“8th Estate Winery has grown into a brand Hong Kong can truly call its own. Each wine is unique and represents the vision and skill of Lysanne Tusar and her talented team. With China and the Asia Pacific region at its doorstep, 8th Estate is poised for success.” Zeb Eckert – Host, Bloomberg TV
“Against all expectations, the 8th Estate team manages to produce vintage after vintage of delicious and attractive wines in what must surely be the world’s only high-rise winery. Coupling their commitment to quality with a picturesque barrel room, scenic terrace and hospitable tasting room, 8th Estate Winery has become one of Hong Kong’s most popular wine events venues.” Debra Meiburg – Master of Wine
Now wouldn’t it be nice if instead of being in an industrial building in Ap Lei Chau – which looks amazing by the way with our own terrace overlooking Lamma Island – we could be in the heart of the city so that everyone can enjoy and share our passion for wine, food, music, art and life.
I started dreaming and this is how the idea of turning a hotel lobby into a winery came up. Yes you read well, a lobby into a winery! Here is how we propose to break a few rules and reinvent the hotel lobby concept:
- Create a completely new sense of arrival with guests stepping into an active production facility (behind glass windows) where they can see – probably for the first time – wine being made in real time.
- Acquire a unique competitive edge with a story everyone – including media – will want to hear (our Hong Kong winery receives 2-3 media inquiries daily).
- Turn your lobby into one of the most interesting venues in town for a private party, corporate function or intimate evening of entertainment.
- Engage with your community by organizing a variety of live performances and cultural activities, wine tasting seminars and winemaking classes.
- Enrich your hotel reward program with great benefits: make your own private-label wine, etc.
- Become instantly the preferred hotel for weddings with private label wines made at the hotel and one of the best settings for wedding pictures.
- Generate revenue from ‘dead’ hotel space by turning your lobby into a production facility for wine to be sold at the hotel and around town.
What do you think? Would you like an 8th Estate Winery at your local hotel?